What is a peel?
A peel is an in Salon treatment using specific exfoliating agents to smooth and re-surface the skins texture. There are quite a variety of peels that can treat a number of different skin conditions. Peel treatments can vary in the depth they penetrate ranging from superficial skin peeling with little to no down time to medium depth peeling which can have a shedding effect on the skin. Not all peels cause “peeling” or are uncomfortable. Many are simply skin smoothing and intensely hydrating.
What skin types are best suited for a course of Peel treatments?
There are many treatment peels available for your skin therapist to select from, so a course of peel treatments would benefit almost anyone. However peels are an ideal way of treating the following skin conditions:
- Acne Peeling using salicylic acid is an ideal way of treating acne that has not responded to other treatments. It dissolves the sebum and has an anti-inflammatory affect on the skin.
- Fine lines and wrinkles Because AHA Peels attract Hyaluronic Acid (a substance that holds a thousand times it’s weight in water) there is a wonderful plumping effect from the peel that lessens the visual signs of lines and wrinkles considerably.
- Superficial pigmentation A noticeable reduction in superficial pigmentation and a brightening of the overall appearance of the skin.
- Rosacea That has not responded well to simple treatments.
- Dry, sallow skin Treatments will help to level out your skin’s texture giving a smoother appearance and radiance.
What can I expect at my initial consultation?On your first visit your skin specialist will ask you to fill out a consultation form to assess whether there are any contra indications to treating your skin. They will discuss YOUR skin concerns and talk you through what to expect over the duration of treatments. Together you will be able to customise a plan that would best suit your skin to maximise its appearance and texture. Your skin specialist will also talk you through the sensation of the treatment and any specific after care. You may be able go forward with your first treatment at your initial consultation.
Things to considerHere at Bloom Skin and Beauty Boutique you can be assured all of our Skin Specialists are highly trained in skin analysis and diagnosis of conditions as well as the various peeling techniques. Typically a course of peels is done in a block of six treatments every 2-3 weeks depending on the depth of the peel and exfoliating agents that are used. Some peel therapies are also done as a one off peel as a skin maintenance treatment.
A single peel treatment is $95 and is booked as a 30 minute appointment. Customised peel courses are available from $475 (pay for 5, get one free). Contact us to make a booking.